Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 22

Steamed crab legs, broccoli, and baked potato (plain) were the perfect menu choices for supper last night. The crab legs were SO tasty -- but what a lot of work! *ha* I’d forgotten how hard I had to work to get to that luscious crab meat! 
For breakfast this morning, I reheated the quiche from yesterday, determined to give it another chance. Dwight wanted to give it a try and he liked it. Me – I’m still not sold on the texture. I will admit that this morning it was a little firmer and better than yesterday though. Dwight wants to try it with a hash brown crust rather than a “pie-like” crust. He thinks it would be something easy and tasty to make for the guys down at the cabin during hunting season. If he’s willing to try this out on his hunting buddies, I’m thinking it’s just me that has a problem with texture!!
So after 3 weeks on this REAL food journey, I have to say I’m happy with how things are going. I now read labels on EVERYTHING! My friends and family may not have taken on this challenge in the same way I have, but they are looking at labels too and are so much more conscious of what they are eating. And really, that’s what’s it all about - being aware of what you are putting in your body and deciding what your priorities are.

No comments:

Post a Comment