Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 37

I drove to Denver last night on the spur of the moment to see if I can catch some of the beautiful fall foliage in the Colorado mountains with Katie. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about finding food that I could eat and still follow the rules. When I’m away from home, I don’t have the control over my food sources. I knew we’d be eating lunch in the mountains somewhere and was nervous about that. (I had taken some fruit with us as a backup plan) Today we headed up toward Evergreen then over to Idaho Springs - then drove over to Frisco for lunch where we found a great little place with outdoor seating so we could enjoy the great fall weather! I was curious to see exactly what I’d find on the menu that I’d be able to eat. After looking through the menu, I decided I could live with the salmon salad but it didn’t really sound wonderful. When the waitress came over, I asked if there was any way I could get grilled salmon with a side of veggies. She said, “Sure, I’ll see what I can do”. I was pleasantly surprised when my meal of broccoli, corn on the cob, and moist salmon arrived!  It was delicious!! I learned that even if it isn’t on the menu, ask!!!
After a big day of driving through the mountains we headed back to Katie’s for supper where I had taco salad made with fresh beef and tomatoes. So I made it through the day without compromising my rules and we saw some beautiful aspen trees displaying their autumn colors! It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment