Monday, October 24, 2011

Even though I’ve only been ‘couponing’ for a few weeks I think it’s safe to say that I’m hooked!! J I’m constantly checking out websites that give you scenarios of getting things for as cheap as possible. My kids say they can see this becoming an obsession. I don’t know if I’d go that far, but we’ll see. J I’m sure you’ve noticed the rows and rows and rows of candy in the stores as Halloween draws closer. I’m guessing you’ve also noticed how expensive most of it is. It’s crazy! I had a bunch of coupons for candy and I thought I’d be really smart and wait until right after Halloween and then buy it but the manufacturers are smarter than me because the expiration date is October 31st. So I used those coupons to buy a gazillion bags of candy (17 actually) for $ 1.48 each. Yeah! That’s a bargain! What in the world am I going to do with 17 bags of candy? Well I’ll tell you what I’m NOT going to do with it and that is to keep it around my house! That would just be asking for trouble. I would cave in to temptation if I had candy around the house! So… I’ve decided I’m going to give it to our local Salvation Army. They make up baskets to give out during Thanksgiving and there was an article in the paper the other day about donating for it so I thought this would be a perfect added touch. This way I can have the fun of buying candy but save the calories by donating it. J
*Thought for the day*
If money doesn’t grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment