Monday, October 10, 2011

I attended a 'Couponing 101' class last Saturday here at the college. It was given by two young ladies from the community, (both teachers), who have just started to coupon in the last 6 months. They had some great tips and gave us some interesting information about how to save money. I don’t know if you’ve ever watched the show Extreme Couponing, but if you haven’t let’s just say those people are EXTREME! I don’t plan on getting to that level-ever!  But for the last couple days I’ve been checking out some websites that give you tips, and plans on how to use coupons to get things very cheap or even free!! That was my first question, “How do you ever get anything for free?” Well as of today I can proudly say I got my first deodorant FREE!!  It was $3.49 regular price and it had an in store coupon for .99 and I had a $1.00 off coupon. The manager told me I couldn’t use a coupon for more than the price of the item and she wasn’t going to let me do it. I then read her the policy of the store (which I’d gotten from the gals at the Couponing Class) and after seeing the policy, I got it for free! J How cool is that!?! Sadly, there are never coupons for apples, or broccoli but if I save a little bit on the other things I buy, I won’t feel too bad about spending more on the fresh produce. *I don’t feel bad spending my money on produce anyway, but it sounded good! J
*Thought for the day*
"Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down."
Warren Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment