Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 10 – 2012

8:00 am. – sitting on the beach at McConaughy. It’s still pretty chilly out so I’m all bundled up but I don’t mind at all. There isn’t a cloud in the sky. It is gorgeous out here! I’m listening to the waves hit the shore and thinking what a wonderful day this will be. Huge flocks of snow geese fly over and it’s so beautiful with their white bodies against this blue sky. This could possibly be the most beautiful place on earth right now. :)

Days are getting longer which means summer is getting closer. Yeah! The weather we’ve been having lately has been glorious. I’m so anxious to spend time at the lake house and enjoy a cup of coffee while sitting on the beach watching the beautiful Nebraska sunrises. I’m also looking forward to having the grandkids come to the lake this year. They’re a little older now and they will have so much fun – throwing rocks, building sand castles, riding in the tube, and fishing with Papa.

I’m heading to Denver to spend a few days with our youngest grandson, Cooper. With this wonderful weather, I’m looking forward to playing outside and taking him on walks. My mom is going with us as well so it will be great for her to be able to spend time with her great grandson. My mom is so blessed to be able to be a big part of her great grandkid’s lives. Her grandkids have made so many funny memories with her and now her great grandkids are sharing in that too.
My mom lives alone and I know she doesn’t cook a lot for herself anymore. It’s simply ‘easier’ for her to eat mostly processed foods. Whenever she visits us she enjoys our homemade meals so I look forward to making some REAL meals with her. Cooper is eating a lot of table food as well so I want to make meals that he can share with us. I’m thinking pasta, taco salad and stir fry are a couple of things on the menu. Sounds good doesn’t it?

Hope all of you get to enjoy this wonderful weather!

*thought for the day*

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

No comments:

Post a Comment