Tuesday, January 1, 2013


2013

What is normal? That is a question that could be discussed for hours. If you talked to fifty people, you’d likely get fifty different answers. ‘Normal’ is the standard we measure ourselves and others by. Do we have the latest hairstyle, the latest fashions, and the latest gadgets? If so, then society may label us as normal and if we don’t we’re thought of ‘different’ or ‘weird’.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve said someone is just “not normal”. Or made a comment about the ‘weird’ outfit someone is wearing. Not my finest moment. Who am I to determine what normal is? There have been so many times in my life that I wished I was normal. If only I could be normal I’d fit in. If only I were normal I’d be happy. If only I was normal……

 The opposite of normal is weird and normal doesn’t seem to fit me anymore so for 2013, I’ve decided to be weird. I can already hear some of you saying, “GOING to be weird??? As if she’s not already weird!” J You might be right! Maybe that’s been my problem all along. Maybe I’ve tried too hard to be society’s normal when I should have been truer to myself and been my own kind of normal – which is weird. J 

So here’s to a weird New Year to each and every one of you. I hope you don’t accept anyone’s definition of normal but your own! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

*thought for the day*

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better person.    Benjamin Franklin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment