Thursday, July 24, 2014

CLEANING - UGH!



I despise cleaning house. I like a clean house but I hate to clean house. Kind of a catch 22 isn’t it?



This morning I forced myself to crawl out of bed even though an early morning rain storm made the skies as dark as coal which played tricks on my mind. When I looked at the time I questioned whether it was morning or night which made for a bit of a “Groundhog Day” moment.


 But I was determined to get SOME cleaning done so I headed to the kitchen. First order of business -- the refrigerator. Now who in their right mind starts with the refrigerator? I KNOW I’m going to find something nasty in there… and I do. I think it might be spaghetti sauce that has now turned in to a science experiment even my biology teacher would be proud of. I don’t open the lid; I just toss the entire plastic container in the trash. I don’t even want to know what the brown sticky stuff is on the middle shelf. Ewww…  OK, it’s time to break out the rubber gloves. I’m taking out the shelves and washing them down. While I’m at it I may as well wash out the drawers (yes, the one that had moldy, juicy cucumbers in it.)


Now that I have the counters covered in trays and drawers and the trash can is full of old food containers, I move on to task #2 – under the kitchen sink. Ugh! Where did all this crap come from? Who needs 4 scrubbing brushes? I don’t even use scrubbing brushes! Maybe that’s why they all look like new! Of course once I started cleaning under the kitchen sink I realize that much of this stuff would be better off under the laundry room sink so I’ve just added a task #3 to the mix! This is precisely why I detest cleaning. 


Eventually both under sink cabinets are wiped down and rearranged and I do a victory lap around the kitchen table. But my celebration is short lived when I step in something sticky. 
Dang it, where’s the mop?

No comments:

Post a Comment