Thursday, October 30, 2014

$10 OR LESS

Fall decorations, Halloween candy, plastic pumpkins and Christmas decorations - all within a few feet of each other! 


Christmas decorations have been in the stores for a month now but I've been mentally shopping for the holidays much longer than that. I'm one of 'those people' that shop all year long. Some years that's easier to do than others but if I find something that catches my eye, I buy it whether it's February or August. Otherwise I get completely overwhelmed when I wait until the last minute to shop (I've done that before  and I'd rather not do it again).

I know you can each relate when I say that we are inundated by gifts gifts and more gifts during the holidays. In all honesty there are only a few things I can remember receiving once the Christmas rush has passed. We spend a ridiculous amount of money on all this 'stuff' and no one can recall what they've gotten by the next day!

So this year I'm trying something different. This year I am spending $10 or less on each person. (Yes, it is possible.) It forced me to put some real thought into what I'm giving each person.
(**This rule does not apply to my grandkids. But I am cutting back on the amount of gifts I'm buying them**)

I'm not doing this to be a scrooge or to be a tight wad. I'm doing it because each year I look back and figure up the amount of money spent and I see this pile of 'stuff' and many times it ends up in the closet for months before I use it or I see it on my kid's garage sale and it's just crazy that I buy things simply because I feel like I need more presents under the tree. 

I'd love to share what gifts I'm getting for everyone but those same people will be reading this blog, so that will have to wait until after the presents are opened. I'll be sure to share them with you though.

No comments:

Post a Comment