Tuesday, December 16, 2014

TOO SOON

Last week, at the first basketball game of the season, I saw our oldest grandson J. (who I don't see nearly as often now that he's in school.)
Of course when I saw him I gave him a big hug. When I went to kiss him he kind of stiffened up and said, "Grandma! Only at your house." 
I gasped. (those of you who know me will know I literally did gasp.) I almost threw myself down on the bleachers and cried. But luckily I pulled myself together before the tantrum unfolded.
He's six years old! He's not supposed to say this until he's twelve or ...... twenty-three or .... never. 
He did sit beside me though and as the night wore on and he got tired, he did let me put my arm around him and rub his hair. And believe me I loved every moment of it.
Tonight J. was with his mommy when they picked up B. and I gave him lots of hugs and extra kisses beings he was at grandma's house. He didn't mind one bit. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment