Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lazy Day in Rome

Today has been my favorite day so far. We woke up at 11:57 a.m. (noon!). I couldn't believe it! I suppose the last couple days of exploring along with the seven hour time change has finally caught up with us. 
By the time we showered and left the apartment it was nearly 2:00 p.m. and we were hungry. No croissants this morning. We were on the lookout for pizza. 
We wandered away from the touristy areas in search of more authentic Italian food. We walked by this little eatery that was packed with people which is always a good sign. And I heard lots of Italian being spoken so I was hoping that meant it was a great place for 'locals' as well. Because it was raining lightly we decided to eat inside but didn't think there were any tables available until the gal at the door put us back in the corner by the kitchen. It was awesome.
We watched the cook and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the staff running back and forth. I loved it!

The bread was crusty on the outside and so tender on the inside. They would bring fresh loaves out and slice it on this old cupboard just behind us.
This place is exactly what my idea of an Italian  restaurant should be. We both ordered pizza and oh my goodness, a.m.a.z.i.n.g. The best pizza I have ever tasted! The crust was thin, the sauce was so light tasting, and the cheese...perfect!
I ate the entire pizza. Yes I did, and I loved every single bite.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment