Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"Before Pictures"

I mentioned in an earlier post that there are some changes happening in our lives this year. One of those is moving to a new house. We love the house we live in now and the location is ideal for us but the stairs are wreaking havoc on my knees. Over the last two years we've kept our eyes open for one level homes and just couldn't find one we felt comfortable with until recently. We found a great house that we both felt a connection to and after lots of thought and prayers decided it could be our new 'home'. 
The only thing is ~ it needed lots of updating. One bathroom had the 70's green sinks, stool, and shower combo.

This is how the mirror and vanity lights looked in the green bathroom. It was quite the set up. :)
Another bath had the 70's gold trio along with a miniature bathtub. It is the craziest thing. I've never seen such a small bathtub in such a large bathroom. It also has mirrors on every wall! Our four year old grandson thinks it's 'awesome' but the reflection of yourself going to the bathroom isn't quite as desirable to me as it is to him. :)





Almost immediately we were both throwing around ideas of how we could take out this closet and move this wall and take down these cupboards etc etc. And of course when I say 'we', I don't mean me so I questioned my husband's sanity for taking on this huge undertaking before we committed. He assured me he could do the work himself to save money, so here we are - in the middle of a major remodeling project and like most projects it seems to be growing and changing as we go along. 

And then there was the red bedroom. Yikes.(notice that beautiful green toilet in the background.)
We really needed to use our imagination when we saw this room.
I just wasn't impressed with the built in speakers and the 'Marilyn Monroe' vanity in the middle of the wall. 

After seeing a few of the "before" pictures, I'm sure you understand why I questioned our sanity for taking on this project. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment