Friday, May 15, 2015

Demo Begins

Goodbye lovely green toilet.
                      
Dwight is one of those guys you'd call a handy man, a fixer. We've been married 35 years and he has called a repair man exactly once. He has a knack for figuring things out and I don't know anything different so it's easy for me to come up with ideas and projects because I simply expect him to be able to make them come to life. :)


There were a total of three small closets in the 'red room'. We removed the two closets by the bathroom to open up the area of the bedroom and then decided to make a large walk in closet in another part of the room. (I'm making this sound easy but it was actually quite a project.)

The 'master bath' is very small and we mulled over the idea of expanding it to where these two small closets were but we decided we wanted the extra room in our bedroom rather than in the bathroom.
 

It took some convincing for Dwight to buy in to the idea of taking out the small closets but the result was amazing. Once we saw  how it opened up the room we knew it was definitely the right decision. 

I love the demolition part of the remodel. Yes, it's messy and dirty but you can see immediate changes. In my mind you just knock down this wall and move that wall but I'm learning there is a bit more to it than that. 

I was hoping to find something hidden in the walls from the decades old remodel but we haven't found a thing yet! Maybe when the kitchen project begins we'll find the buried treasure. :)  

* I will be leaving behind our own surprise for the future remodeler. *

No comments:

Post a Comment