Sunday, July 12, 2015

*shine*

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel - no!
I'm gonna let it shine.


I've had this song stuck in my head for several days now. 

As a kid I didn't understand the meaning of the lyrics but I loved singing and doing all the actions to. It's still one of my favorites.  Such a simple song but the words have such a powerful meaning.

I am so thankful for God's light in my life.
He knew we would all need that light to work through the darkness of this world. Yet it's equally important to be the light to others through the choices we make, the words we speak, the morals we live by and sharing Christ with others.

In the confusion and commotion of this world today it's not just important for me to share my light but imperative to share my light. 

Jesus has given me a gift that I never expected to receive and I'm not hiding it under a bushel (no!) I want to let it shine. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment