Friday, July 31, 2015

The Search Continues


My Pinterest boards are full of fabulous home ideas. About the time I'm absolutely sure of the color scheme and style I'm in love with, I stumble upon a pin that changes my mind - yet again. 
The crazy thing is - I love every single one of them! But if I tried to incorporate all the ideas I 'love', my house would look like a circus.

I consider myself fairly creative and have a little bit of decorating sense but I know my own limitations and there is no way I'm making my house look like those on Pinterest. And honestly I don't want to. I want our house to be super cute but it definitely has to be functional as well. I do have four little grandsons that will be running amok so I need to keep that in mind.
 **That reminds me - when looking at kitchen cabinets, the guy suggested a lazy susan that opened with folding doors. My immediate thought was, "All I see is a perfect place for little fingers to get pinched." He didn't think that would be a problem. I told him I could just picture the boys arguing over who was getting in the cupboard and one of them getting the other's fingers in it as they slammed it shut. Needless to say, I'm passing on that lazy susan.**





A young man we know, A.G., has a gift for design and he has graciously offered to share his talents with us. He has been great at helping me figure out what would look best and where. About the time I think I've chosen something he will approve of he says, "That's not quite what I was thinking." **ha**

A.G. had found some flooring which I really loved and was excited to be able to check one more thing off the list of 'to do' items. When I showed Dwight the flooring he flipped over the sample and got the tape measure out. After a few very quiet minutes Dwight told me that the flooring was too thick. If we installed it the front door wouldn't open! Okay, that is a problem. So... the search for the perfect flooring is back on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment