Friday, September 25, 2015

A New Look



Seven years ago we built a nice patio area onto the house which faces west. The intention was to build a pergola or some type of awning to cover it. That never did happen so we rarely use the patio because it feels like the surface of the sun in the summer time. 


Fast forward to our new house and I am determined to be able to sit in the backyard during the summer time without melting into a puddle of goo. I'd like to sit out back with a glass of iced tea and enjoy a book while enjoying the flowers and all the summer colors . 


While I’m waiting for the kitchen cupboards and flooring to arrive I’ve shifted my thoughts to the backyard and how I can transform a small area. It looks great in my head. I hope I can take those images and transfer them into something wonderfully fun and relaxing. 


I started by pulling up lots of plants in this corner. 

We need to take this clothesline pole down which will be quite a project. It has a TON of cement around it.  If you look to the left of the clothesline pole, that is the corner I cleaned out. 


This is what the corner looks like now. If you look at the dumpster in the background you'll get an idea of how much I pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment