Monday, January 18, 2016

Grateful 365 - Day 18

Decorate with family pictures. Yes or no?

Anyone who has been to our house knows that I decorate with family pictures... a lot of family pictures. 

I was reading a blog the other day that said family pictures should be displayed in more private areas such as bedrooms only. Yikes. I am blowing that 'rule' all to pieces. 


There are some beautiful pieces of art in stores and if I find something I really love I'll purchase it. But not before I put a lot of thought in to it. I'm known for impulse buying so I work very hard at thinking and rethinking things now before I buy them. (It's a  habit of mine that will take some time to overcome I'm afraid.) 

And quite honestly I will never find any artwork in a store more beautiful than these faces. :)



 
Using family pictures is such a personal part of me and I love that I can look around my house and connect a memory to things. 





So today I'm grateful for finding my own 'rules' of decorating my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment