Friday, July 8, 2016

We are not born knowing how to hate. Hate is learned.

That means that someone has to teach hate.

One only need watch the daily news to see how hate has taken a foothold in the fiber of our everyday lives.   


In reality there will always be hate in the world. What I do not understand is why so many people continue to spread hate and negativity. Why do people ‘share’ unpleasant stories, hateful comments and hurtful words on social media?
Recently, on Facebook, people who I’ve always thought highly of have been posting condemning and denigrating remarks about the presidential candidates. I don’t understand the purpose in that. 

It’s us, as Americans,that have put these people in the positions they are currently in. The democracy that makes the backbone of this nation permits us to voice our opinions and for that I’m grateful. I only wish we would voice our opinions in a more positive manner.


No comments:

Post a Comment