Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 15

Ask and you shall receive~

After reading an earlier post, a sweet friend of mine, Mel, (who just happens to be a nurse!) offered to check my cholesterol while she was in town. Well…. Be careful what you ask for! I’ve only had my cholesterol checked twice EVER but this time it was much higher!! Mel tells me I’m “borderline” and there’s no need for concern. I’m not really concerned - just shocked! I guess I really shouldn’t be that surprised considering the last year I’ve had - but I am! This simply reinforces my belief about how eating right and exercising can affect your health. Reason 2,712 to eat REAL food! Now I’m really curious to know if there will be any changes a couple months down the road!

Earlier, Mel asked if I provided “care packages”, so to thank her, we sent fresh cucumbers, cantaloupe, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, peppers and a loaf of zucchini bread home with her! Too bad I didn’t have a fresh loaf of whole wheat bread in the freezer – that will have to wait until next time! Thanks again Mel for always being a bright spot in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment