Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 16

I may have found my new favorite dish! I’ve always LOVED black beans and whenever we're eating out I order them and yet I’ve never tried to make anything with them at home….until now! I made a black bean with corn recipe served over brown rice which was AWESOME! I wasn’t sure what Dwight would think about it but he loved it too! I had taken some corn tortillas and baked up some “chips” for him which went perfectly with the dish! He’s already asked when we’ll be having it again! (that’s always a good sign)

I’ve noticed lately that I have really cut back on how much meat I’m eating. Not intentionally, but I just don’t feel the need for it all the time. Now, don’t get me wrong, I have no intention of ever giving up meat completely – after all I DO live in Nebraska!!  I have made that conscious decision to only eat meat that I know is chemical free which narrows my sources down to our own beef, which we raise ourselves, chickens which we buy from a local producer, and some fish.

I’m headed off to town today to get a few groceries and my plan is to restock our granola supply and make another batch of whole wheat bread and hopefully get a few whole wheat muffins made as well. We also plan on putting up some more dill pickles and maybe start a batch of homemade salsa. Sounds like the perfect Sunday afternoon.

*Thought for the day*
When one has tasted watermelon he knows what the angels eat.
~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment