Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 28

Dwight is home from his work trip so I will be making actual meals for the next few days. J I made black beans and rice for lunch which I’ve been craving for a few days and yes-it was yummy!!  We have SO many peppers in the garden right now and what better way to use a few up than stuffed green peppers for supper!  That means we will need to make up a batch of homemade spaghetti sauce tonight so I see pasta in the near future. No complaints from me – I love pasta! (might have to add some peppers to our pasta too)
I have to admit – in the midst of making our spaghetti sauce, the thought did run through my mind about how much easier it would be to just open up a jar of Prego…BUT I KNOW how much BETTER it is for us by making our own!  Once the finished product was tasted though, any thoughts of processed sauce quickly faded. It was well worth the extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment