Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 52


I wasn’t planning on being home for lunch today, but plans changed and when lunch time came, I had to think of something to make. A quick look through the kitchen found leftover steak and a bag of mixed beans so the thought of bean soup came to mind. We usually eat ham in our bean soup but since I haven’t found anyone who raises pork without using drugs, I opted to invent my own bean soup recipe today. J I started with olive oil, onions, carrots, and garlic-then added some steak pieces and dumped in a couple jars of canned tomatoes. I usually soak the beans overnight but since I hadn’t planned on this, I put them in a pot of water to cook. I thought it would take an hour or so to cook the beans but it ended up taking much longer-more like 3 hours! We didn’t eat lunch till mid afternoon but I have to say, both Dwight and I loved how the soup turned out! I’ll definitely make this again! I love it when the spur of the moment meals come together!



No comments:

Post a Comment