Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 56

Yesterday was one of those days where you sit down at the end of the day and just say, “Whew – what a big day.” Our kitchen sink decided to take on a mind of its own yesterday and Dwight worked on it the entire day! When he finally mentioned calling a plumber, I know my jaw must have hit the floor. Dwight is THE handy man of all handy men and I’m not sure I ever remember having to call in the cavalry to fix a problem. J I’m anxious to see how the encounter between he and the plumber guy goes this morning.. J Regardless of it all, I still needed to come up with something for supper last night and simply did not feel like cooking. I remembered I had made whole wheat pizza crusts a while back and had some left in the freezer. I decided to put together a pizza for each of us.  I still haven’t found a sauce I am comfortable with so I tried thinly sliced fresh tomatoes instead along with green peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. It was yummy!! It almost felt like I was cheating on my journey. J
Fast forward to this morning. The plumber guy shows up and meets every stereotypical idea there is, including the low pants showing the butt crack! It was so funny. Jaxon would point at his butt crack and then put his little hand down his britches. Dwight and I had to laugh! The good news is that he finally got the drain unplugged and now I can begin the cleanup of the kitchen!
* Thought for the day*
Change your thoughts and you change your world.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that IS a miracle that Dad finally broke down and called a plumber...and I bet that was hilarious when Jaxon was doing that. He is a pretty neat little man :) You are doing a great job on this diet thing! I don't know how you control yourself! The hardest part would be just simply giving in to the quick and easy. Like cereal! I eat cereal always because I like it, it is easy, and I think that it is healthy for you :)

    ReplyDelete