Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 66

This morning I found the Whole Food Market and thought I’d find a ton of things I could eat while here in Omaha with the kids. It was a quick stop so I didn’t spend a lot of time looking, but what I did look at didn’t always follow my “five ingredients or less” rule. I was kind of surprised but it was just another reminder about the importance of reading labels! I saw ‘Organic’ on lots of packaging but when I looked at the list of ingredients, the list was long. I’ve decided that finding store bought items with five ingredients or less is hard to do. But I’m not regretting that choice at all – in fact it's become an interesting challenge to see what I can find.  I ended up getting almonds, rice cakes and oranges to take back to the hospital with me. I also found blue corn chips that met the rules but then I asked myself if they were actually ‘nutritious’ for me and decided to put them back. J Maybe I’ll go back tomorrow and allow myself a little more time to look closer. Cafeteria food was a little bleak today. I guess they don’t think people will eat here on the weekends.
With only 34 days left on this journey I’m beginning to wonder what I’ll do when the 100 days is over. Will I continue to follow the same rules or just make good choices ‘most’ of the time? Hmmm  - It’s hard to imagine me feeling comfortable eating chemicals and preservatives again after learning so much about the effect they have on my body. I wonder if I’ll be able to tell a difference if I do eat them. ??

*Thought for the day*

Fun-sized Snickers? Who’s this fun for? Not me. I need six or seven of these babies in a row to  start having fun.  ~ Jeff Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment