Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 70 - for real

Somewhere in the last 10 days, I’ve gotten the days mixed up so today is actually the 70th day of my journey. In all the craziness of the last few days, I’m thankful
that’s all I’ve mixed up. J
Well, we’re back home for a few days and although it’s good to be back in familiar surroundings, my mind is still in Omaha with the kids and Braylon. I’m getting updates throughout the day, but it’s not the same. Grammy just needs to see things first hand to put my heart at ease. J
The last couple days have been a mixed up mess as far as eating goes. The hotel we stayed at didn’t have anything (except milk) that I could eat for breakfast so I usually went to the cafeteria for some fruit. But yesterday I didn’t even make it there before I went to see Braylon so I ate a handful of almonds. We had intended to eat at the hospital for lunch before heading home, but Jaxon was so upset when we left his mommy that we didn’t do that either. Poor little guy, such a confusing time for him. Dwight grabbed a sandwich on the way home but I didn’t find anything REAL so lunch was more almonds and a few pretzels. Once we did get back home I was in need of something in my tummy so I made a smoothie and it tasted wonderful. Today Dwight made goulash for lunch and man, were my taste buds happy about that! It’s safe to say that there are very little leftovers – maybe just enough for Jaxon’s supper.
I still haven’t gotten around to making granola or bread yet although both are on my “to do” list. Today’s goal is to get a little laundry done. It’s amazing how quickly that piles up! I definitely need to get myself back in a routine of some sort of ‘planning’ for meals now that we’re home. I need to take a minute and make a list to restock things. Hopefully I get that done this afternoon. If not, I can always buy more almonds. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment