Monday, December 13, 2010

Challenge 2 - Day 1

Challenge 2 – Day #1
I think organization will be the key to this challenge. I spent a while figuring out a week’s menu and getting the recipes I will need in order so I don’t have to search for them when I want them. I’ve put everything in a 3-ring binder so it’s easy to access. I also spent some time figuring out exactly what I have on hand and what I need to purchase for this first week.
So here are the rules:
** I will continue to follow REAL food rules which include:
*asking myself if my great grandmother would recognize the food I’m eating as food – if not, don’t eat it

*all store bought items must have 5 ingredients or less

*if a 3rd grader cannot pronounce an ingredient in a food, don’t eat it
* I will plan a week’s menu and I will buy groceries once a week
* I will do some form of exercise a minimum of 4 days a week
When I was running, I used to get up at 4AM faithfully to get my run in. I don’t know how I did it but since that’s stopped, I don’t get up nearly as early! I just have to get myself back into a routine of going to bed much earlier again. So this morning I set my alarm so I could get up and ride my bike. I woke up before it went off so that’s a good sign. I got in 30 minutes on the bike before I had to jump in the shower and get ready for the day. Jess goes back to school today so I will have both boys all day! Pray for all of us! J
Anyone want to join me in this challenge? How about taking a 2 week challenge with me? It’s a great idea!! Think about it!! Anyone? J

*Thought for the day*
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness, you have to grab it yourself.    Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

  1. Starting January 3rd I am in for two weeks! I can do it for two weeks right?

    ReplyDelete