Monday, December 13, 2010

Challenge 2 - Day 2

Yesterday I made a mental list of what I actually have in the house and wrote down several days worth of meals before I have to go buy groceries. It’s amazing how much I can find once I really look in the cupboards. I have to say, it’s nice to look at a ‘menu’ and see what my options are for meals rather than rummaging through the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for lunch and supper. J  Now that Jaxon is back at Grammy’s full time, I have to have lunch planned. I can’t get away with just eating cereal every day. J I started the day off with a breakfast of oatmeal and a touch of brown sugar. Mornings seem to be when I’m the hungriest. I’ve always been that way. I could just eat all morning long and then be fine the rest of the day. Midmorning snack was a banana and lunch was leftover corn enchiladas and refried beans. As I was eating the enchiladas, I was reminded that I don’t have to give up some of my favorite foods to eat REAL food. I just have to make some minor changes like using corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Both Dwight and I like the corn tortillas so much, we may not go back to flour ones again. Supper was oyster stew and grilled cheese using our homemade whole wheat bread. So all in all, it was a good day for eating at my house! I think my body is thanking me that I’m not on vacation anymore! I know my belly is! J
·         Thought for the day
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary, because it means you’ve made an effort.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is great stuff you are doing here!

    It's amazing what can accumulate in our freezers and pantries over the year. I also needed to recently go through everything and try to plan my meals from ingredients I already had.
    I agree, it's always nice to have a plan.

    ReplyDelete