Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Challenge #2 – Day 10

Yesterday, Jaxon acted like he was coming down with a cold. Nothing major, just sneezes and running nose so I thought the soup I made would be perfect for him. This morning Jess called and said Jaxon was feeling pretty tough so his daddy stayed home with him. Being the wonderful Grammy I am J, I ran the soup in to their house this morning so he could still have it for lunch.  That means I have some one on one time with little Braylon today which I am loving!
Today’s meal plan looked like this:
Breakfast – banana and dry granola – I’m always surprised how filling the granola is            
Lunch -  black beans and brown rice –  Love this!                                                         
Supper – leftover brown rice and some pistachios – I know! Doesn’t sound like a meal but I didn’t want  to cook.                                                                                               
Afternoon Snack – dry granola
I’m happy to say that I’ve gotten my head back in this game and I’ve been really watching what I’m eating and also watching the amount I’m eating. It’s amazing how just the smallest adjustments can make such big changes. I know with the holidays coming up and the kids being here that I will be making foods that aren’t on my ‘rules’ list but I decided that I am going to make some great things that we can all eat too! REAL food can be real good too! I don’t want to deny myself the celebratory favorites of the season! That’s part of the fun of the holidays, right?! I will be continuing to follow all food rules so I might have to pass on a few things, but I’ll make up for it with others.
*Thought for the day*
A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small."
-- Eva K. Logue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment