Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Challenge #2 - Day 9

I posted that yesterday was day 7 but actually it was day 8. Am I the only one who can’t keep track of days? Seriously, some days I find myself having to remember if it was just this morning I did something or a couple days ago! Everything seems to blend together!   Today’s eating went well again. I’ll have to be honest, my beautiful little grandbabies are keeping me hopping now that both of them are here and I don’t have nearly as much time to ‘snack’. That’s good news for me!! AND as soon as the boys went home tonight I rode my bike for 30 minutes! Yeah! I rarely do that in the evening so I’m happy about that! Hopefully, I will get a ride in tomorrow as well. Keep your fingers crossed.
As I’m posting this, I’ve got soup on the stove for tomorrow’s lunch. Remember, plan ahead!! J I wanted to make chicken and dumplings (one of Jaxon’s favorites), but I’m out of fresh chickens and I will not buy one at the store. So, I’m getting creative again by using chicken broth, carrots, onions, corn, green beans, and potato. I’m still going to throw in some dumplings to top it off. Smells great! Yet another example of how you can just go through your cupboards and refrigerator and throw stuff together for a REAL meal. It doesn’t have to be fancy, it just needs to taste good! J
I started a Facebook page for my REAL food journey if anyone is interested. I’m linking it to my blog. I hope it works! I’m pretty new at all this technology stuff so I’m still muttering through. If anyone finds that it does not work for you, please let me know what problem you had. Please feel free to share it with friends too. If you search of REAL Food Journey, it should pop up.
Christmas is almost here!! I’m curious to know if anyone is trying something new on the menu this year. We will have both girls here for a few days right after Christmas so I need to come up with a plan myself - haven’t quite gotten that far yet. Right now it looks like Thursday might be a baking day! We’re almost out of bread and I want to get some more granola made up. That’s going to mean I have to go to the grocery store for sure! I might have to get up super early and go before the rush!
·         Thought for the day

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy – forgiveness,
To your opponent – tolerance,
To your friend – your heart,
To a child – a good example.
-- Oren Arnold

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom! I haven't been on here FOREVER! Sorry! You know...busy busy! I am glad the boys are making you snack less even though they may be giving you gray hairs and wrinkles! I am excited to see what you eat for Christmas :) We tried whole wheat stuffing the other night - disgusting....sticking with the good ole stuffing from now on :)

    ReplyDelete