Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Challenge 2 - Day 12

I'm so excited to be a guest blogger at Eating Rules. I hope you take a minute and check out this site. It has great articles and I've become a big fan! I'm always looking for new recipes and information about the food we choose to eat and I've found it all here! Thank you Andrew for allowing me to be a part of your blog.

Today's meal plan looked like this:

Breakfast - oatmeal with raisins
Mid morning snack - red apple
Lunch - Brown rice with black beans
Mid afternoon - handful of raisins
Supper - Black bean burritos

The black bean burrito was something I kind of threw together at the last minute and it's now on my 'favorites' list. I simply took about 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn, chopped onions and heated it in the microwave. I then chopped up one tomato and 1/2 an avocado. I took 2 corn tortillas and heated them in microwave and then heaped on the bean mixture topped off with tomato and avocado. It was excellent! I was surprised at how much flavor it had in it! And it was very quick which is something I always love. I'm not too patient, so quick is good for me. :) Even Dwight commented on how quickly it went together.
Keep things simple and it will be much easier to stay true to REAL food.

*Thought for the day*
Why do croutons come in air tight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment