Monday, January 17, 2011

Challenge 2 - Day 17

Changing a couple things in the granola didn’t affect the taste at all. The only change I can see is that it isn’t as ‘clustery’ (new word!). It’s more like granola cereal which is fine with me. The most important thing is that it still tastes great!
I soaked some pinto, kidney, and navy beans yesterday and put them in the crock pot overnight on low. This morning I added garlic, tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, cumin, paprika, and chili powder to make some chili (without hamburger) - so technically it could be called bean soup I suppose. J Whatever you want to call it, it looked good and once again the house has those great smells throughout it! The best thing is that it tastes delicious! Thank goodness Dwight is always up for new recipes. He’s willing to try almost anything and he gives me honest feedback on whether he likes it or not. When he doesn’t like it, he’ll usually say, “What do you think of it?” or “I don’t think I’d want this again.” J But with this soup, he liked it a lot! When he goes back for a second bowl, that’s always a good sign! I made a huge batch (I’m not good at judging how much to make – guess I’m still cooking like I did when the kids were home. J) so I’ll be having soup for the next couple days it looks like.
Today’s food plan looked like this:
Breakfast – Smoothie – Surprise I didn’t have oatmeal today!
Lunch – Bean Soup –
Supper – Bean soup over brown rice --- apple ---- handful of cashews

·        Thought for the day
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor while dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

No comments:

Post a Comment