Thursday, February 24, 2011

Challenge 2 - Day 55

Ok – back on track. Breakfast was grapefruit. I bought an entire bag of them the other day and they turned out to be the juiciest grapefruits I’ve had in a while. Love em! Also  had a little granola. For lunch I made me sweet potato fries- at least that’s what I call them. I just take a sweet potato cut up into chunks, drizzle it with olive oil and bake it. Yeah I know that doesn’t sound like much of a meal but it tastes great and fills me up.  Tonight will be black beans and brown rice. I just love this meal! We usually bake up some tortilla chips with it too. Yummy! 
I found an interesting article on one of the many food blogs I follow about Aunt Jemima Original Syrup. The ingredient list goes like this: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, SALT, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (preservatives), ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.    No mention of maple syrup.
High Fructose Corn Syrup – Some people think this causes obesity rates to increase, others disagree. Either way, anything with HFCS in it is a highly processed product with no nutritional value.
Sodium Benzoate –  a preservative to stop molding, but it's a lot more than that.
Sodium Hexametahposphate – a water softener
Pure maple syrup is more expensive but you don’t use near as much so it last a long time. And guess what?? The only ingredients in pure maple syrup is: maple syrup!
*Thought for the day*
Start by doing the necessary - Then the possible - And soon you will be doing the impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment