Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Challenge 2 - Day 54

The last couple weeks have been a blur at our house. I had bronchitis and felt yucky for over a week. Last Friday Jess started feeling sick and found out later that she had strep throat! We didn’t want the boys to catch that so they spent a couple nights at Grammy’s house in hopes we could avoid them getting sick but I’m not sure that worked. Both Jaxon and Braylon had temps today and I feel like I’m trying to catch something again! UUGGHH!
When Jess was feeling so yucky her only request was for me to make some chicken and dumplings for her. (Love it when my girls still need their mommy J) Once it was made, I could not resist – I had to have some. So that was my first taste of meat in 54 days. It tasted good – not great but good. Of course I had leftovers and the next day I had planned on having more but when I went to heat it up the smell of the chicken made me nauseous – literally. The smell of it just made me queasy and needless to say, I didn’t have another bowl.
The last few weeks I have been terrible about ‘planning’ my meals and I can tell a big difference! I’m just grabbing whatever I can find and definitely not eating as well as I was. Yes – I’m still eating a vegan diet and yes – I’m still following my ‘rules’ but it’s not the way I want to eat. I haven’t been eating nearly as many vegetables and fruits as I was and I can tell a difference in how I feel! I just do better when I have a plan. So as of right this minute I’m starting to get myself back on track of planning meals!!!
*Thought for the day*
Forgiveness won’t change the other person – it will change you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment