Friday, April 15, 2011

Challenge 2

It’s mid April – a time when we love to start breaking out the grill again after a long cold winter. But as I look out my window this morning, I see no sign of spring. I see snow, lots of snow and I hear the wind howling against the house as it blows snow into towering drifts. No school today, so I don’t have the boys and I must say, my house is eerily quiet and the television is not on the educational channel. J Today is a perfect day for homemade stew and catching up on ‘things’. However, I’m going to enjoy the quiet day and do only what needs to be done. The other ‘things’ – well, they’ll be there tomorrow. I'm also making a batch of homemade wheat bread which I haven’t made in AGES! Fresh bread baking and stew in the crockpot….. doesn’t get any better than that!
My morning started off with a Smoothie -  1 cup almond milk,  some frozen strawberries, a banana, and a few ice cubes.  I also had some dry shredded wheat cereal.
 For lunch I had a veggie sandwich which turned out to be delicious! It had  sprouts, avocado, pickles, cucumbers, red onion, and tomato on it. Yummy!
 
Supper is stew with all sorts of fresh veggies in it and freshly baked bread- the perfect meal on such a cold wintry day. We are out of our garden tomatoes which makes me even more anxious for the weather to straighten out so we can start planning our garden! I pray our plants produce well and we can put up a ton of tomatoes and salsa this year.
I’ve heard from several of you about doing the Beverage Challenge and I think it’s great you’re going to give it a try! Especially for those that are Diet Coke drinkers. J YES, you can do it! J
*Thought  for the Day                                       
Wouldn’t you know it! Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FAT cells live forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment