Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Challenge 2

Day 117
OK, I admit, this fruit and vegetable challenge is harder than I thought it would be. Breakfast seems to be the easiest meal to get in two fruits/veggies but lunch and supper have been harder for me. I’ve had to make a conscious effort to get two vegetables/fruits at each meal. I made some hummus the other day and have been eating it with carrots along with meals to add to my veggie/fruit count. I’m curious if anyone else if finding it harder than expected.
Breakfast – oatmeal with raisins along with applesauce
Lunch – Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade sauce (which included tomatoes, onions, green pepper). I didn’t know I was out of sauce until lunch time so I had to whip up some sauce at the last minute. Thank goodness I had all the ingredients on hand.
Supper -  a big baked potato and corn
It’s been hectic here and I don’t have a ‘plan’ so that makes a huge difference for me. I do SO much better when I know exactly what I will be fixing for lunch and supper every day! I keep asking myself why I can’t seem to get back into the swing of planning meals but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. J
*Thought for the day*
Vegetarian:  an old Indian word for bad hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment