Sunday, May 1, 2011

Challenge 2

Day 121
Challenge #3 – Meat --  May 1 – May 7 : Meat consumption will be limited to 7 servings this week and when meat is eaten, it won’t be the “main dish” of the meal. Instead, treat meat as a side dish or something to use to add flavor to the dish.

Starting the 3rd challenge today with:
Breakfast – Homemade granola with almond milk
Lunch – Burrito – filling was black beans, rice, lettuce, onion, and carrot – it was excellent!
Supper – lemon and leek fettuccini – I posted this recipe earlier but if you need it again, let me know!
So, three meals today and all were meatless! Over lunch, we visited about how much easier it has been for me to give up meat than I ever thought it would be. I have eaten meat a few times, especially when I’m at someone’s house-I’m not going to make a big deal of it. If I can stay meat free 99% of the time, I’m good with that. Dwight says he would never be able to do it. I told him that maybe he should challenge himself for one week and see if he could go meat free. He told me he thinks his body would go into withdrawal. J I kind of doubt that. The next time I know he’ll be home an entire week, I’ll challenge him to do it. Prepare for some “drama” from him if he does it. Ha! How did your first day of Challenge #3 go?

No comments:

Post a Comment