Sunday, May 15, 2011

Challenge 2

Day 135
I’ve been trying to think of a word to describe our Nebraska spring days and the word I choose for today is COLD! With frost warnings and winds of 30+ mph, it has simply been cold here! Last night I found a batch of homemade chicken soup I had stuck in the freezer so I added some homemade dumplings and made hot soup for Dwight. It felt more like a meal I’d make in January rather than in May!
I had such a wonderful day yesterday. I met a friend for coffee (we actually had tea) and we just talked a mile a minute. We hadn’t visited for a while so we had lots to catch up on. We shared lots of “Grammy” stories as she just had a new grandson as well. Before we knew it, 2 ½ hours had passed and it was nearly lunch time so we decided to go out to lunch as well! It was wonderful. We decided on Mexican food because you simply can’t go wrong with Mexican food in my opinion. I had a burrito filled with rice, tomatoes, carrots, celery, black beans and cilantro. It was delicious! I’ve been so pleased to find a Mexican restaurant that has so many non-meat options on their menu. Highly recommend it.
Here’s my days menu:
Breakfast – Watermelon and cantaloupe.
Lunch – A banana and an orange. Yeah, I know that doesn’t sound like much of a lunch but I picked up a few groceries after church and by the time I got home it was nearly 1:30 so I didn’t want to eat too much. I want to enjoy the chili I have going for supper! And I have to admit, drinking 64 oz of water a day helps curb my appetite so I’m happy about that as well! J
Supper –  Chili – It is still such a cold day we thought chili would hit the spot!
The --- No low fat, lite, reduced fat, or non fat foods challenge begins today so I’m anxious to see how everyone does on that. Hope you each have a great day and let’s hope we have sunshine and warmth very soon!
*Thought for the day*
Grandmas are the people who take delight in hearing babies breathing into the telephone.

No comments:

Post a Comment