Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back in September of 2010 I had my cholesterol checked and was more than a little surprised at the numbers. My cholesterol was 198 which was much higher than previously for me. I remember being very surprised and a little taken about by it. Well, fast forward to the present where I had my cholesterol tested a few days ago and found it has come down to 181 which is better, but still not where I’d like it to be. My HDL (the good stuff) went up 8 points and my LDL (the bad stuff) went down 20 points. So overall, I’m pleased but will definitely continue incorporating lots of fruits and vegetables in my diet.
I have to wonder if giving up meat and other animal products since January 2011 has had a positive impact. I’d like to think it has. If I can continue to be vegan 99% of the time, I’m anxious to see if my cholesterol numbers will be lower next time I’m tested. I admit, my knowledge about cholesterol is minimal but I do know I want a low number, so that’s what I’ll keep shooting for!  
*Thought for the day
Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?



No comments:

Post a Comment