Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I’ve been absent from my blog for a while but it’s time I get back to business. J Our family’s “Biggest Loser” Challenge is going strong. Right now, it’s still anyone’s game! We are one month into it and the pounds are coming off very slowly. Much slower than I’d like them to! But the fact that we are all getting up off our bums and doing ‘something’ is a huge accomplishment. And most of us, I won’t mention names J, are eating better than we were before the challenge started so that alone is a positive improvement!
My biggest challenge has been being consistent with exercise of some sort! I do well for a few days and then something comes up and I don’t do anything at all for a week! *that’s the story of everyone’s life isn’t it?*  So I’ve made a pact with a buddy, ML, that for the next 2 weeks I will do ‘something’ every single day whether it be riding bike, yoga or going to the pool. Our mantra is ‘something is better than nothing!’ This morning I forced myself to roll out of bed and head in to the pool, I could hear ML telling me to get going! J As I’ve said before I’m not much of a swimmer but I’m trying to work on that. I’m able to do a couple laps of sidestrokes but the shoulder is still pretty tender so I’ve been using a kick board as well. I’m always surprised how much of a workout you get in the water, even if it’s just walking laps. As we all know, the hardest part is just getting out of bed and out the door. Once I get to the pool and get going, the day has a brighter beginning!!
Hope each of you are continuing to be aware of the foods you are eating and how they affect your body and the way you feel. Keep up the good work! J
*Thought for the day*
Never say you can’t without trying it at least once.


No comments:

Post a Comment