Sunday, June 19, 2011

Final day of Food Journal Challenge!
6:30 am  - Ate a banana on the way to Rec Center
8:30 am – Smoothie (orange juice, frozen banana, frozen strawberries) Simply Orange orange  juice has one ingredient! Yeah! Love the texture a frozen banana gives to the smoothie and it also makes it much colder. Yummy~
Noon – whole wheat pasta with sauce and garlic, onions, red bell pepper and fresh mushrooms. It hit the spot!
6:00 pm – I had a bowl of shredded wheat with almond milk
I know – I know – I should be cooking and making ‘meals’ but I just can’t seem to get myself back in that groove. Hopefully that spark comes back soon for me.
I made 2 batches of wheat bread today. One turned out perfect and the other didn’t raise like it should have. I have no idea how they turn out so differently when I follow the exact same steps. I even double checked the date on the yeast. Frustrating! Oh well, I used the ‘dud’ batch to make up some pizza crusts so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.
*Thought for the day*
On Gilligan's Island, if the professor could build a radio out of coconut, why couldn't he fix a hole in the boat? J

No comments:

Post a Comment