Saturday, July 23, 2011

Next week our family is headed to Estes Park for a little R&R. Everyone is really looking forward to it! The part I’m excited about is the cooler temperatures!! Whooo-Hooo!! Ok, maybe my favorite part is going to be that all three grandkids will be there but getting out of this heat is a close 2nd! J We have no ‘schedule’ or specific plans while we’re there, which is really something new to this type A personality. I usually have ‘a plan’ for everything – but not this time! If we want to get up early and drink coffee on the deck, we can! If we want to take a nap – we can! If we want to drink in the beauty of nature with a walk – we can! Oh, it’s going to be fun!
I’ve made up a couple loaves of whole wheat bread, a double batch of granola (at the request of a son-in-law) and a batch of oatmeal-raisin cookies to take along. I haven’t been away from home for a while and this will be a great challenge for me to eat REAL food while we’re there. I plan on keeping lots of fruits and vegetables around so I don’t foresee any problems.
Everyone is watching their diets as our family ‘Biggest Loser’ challenge continues to wind down. Our “official final weigh in day” is Sept 5th so I’ll let you know who ends up being our Biggest Loser! J We’ve scoped out a pool in Estes so we can get some laps in while we’re there and we plan on taking bikes so that should give us all a nice way to see the beautiful scenery and exercise at the same time! So excited!
*Thought for the day*
Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for nature speaks with the voice of God

No comments:

Post a Comment