Thursday, September 1, 2011

GUILTY
Ok, I have a confession to make. The other day Jess and the boys were with us as we were checking out at a store and Jaxon wanted something. Jess suggested a bag of trail mix which had nuts, raisins, etc. Jaxon said, ”No, I want this!”as he pointed to the rows of candy that are so strategically placed by the checkout stand. I offered him a bag of Skittles (I know! I know!) and then I noticed his mommy sending a very nasty look my way. Of course I tried to convince him to get something else but by then he wanted the candy. Jess asked me later where Skittles fit in to my REAL food plan and I didn’t really have a good answer. Let me restate that – there IS no good answer. (Don’t ya just hate it when your kids prove a point using your own actions against you?) J  Maybe it isn’t a life altering decision by giving him candy but it sure has been a nagging thought in my head the last couple days and I don’t like knowing that I contributed to him eating that bag of candy. I don’t have to feel like the ‘bad guy’ because I won’t give him candy. In fact I’ll be the ‘good guy’ by doing my best to fuel that little body with as much healthy food as possible.
To my sweet Jaxon and also to his wonderful mommy – I apologize. It won’t happen again. J
* Thought for the day*
If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been.  ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment