Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I tried a new recipe for lunch the other day – Veggie Casserole. It has broccoli in it and I wasn’t entirely sure how Jaxon would react to broccoli but I thought I’d give it a shot. Of course I let him help me make it, which I think is such a good idea. LOVE it when kids learn how to ‘cook’ early on! It gives him something to do with Grandma, he loves to stir stuff (yes, we do have a few spills along the way, but they clean up pretty quickly), he gets to see exactly what goes into the recipe we’re making, and it’s just fun!! J   Once the casserole was done and we were ready to eat, we had to name all the ingredients we had used. (Don’t tell me little ones don’t watch every single thing that happens in their day!!! They watch Everything!) As we started eating Jaxon says, “Jaxon no like broccoli”. I said, “Oh, Grandma LOVES broccoli. It gives me a party in my tummy!” His response, “I love broccoli”. J I love three year olds way of thinking!
So I thought I’d share the recipe with you ~
Veggie Casserole
1 TBSP butter or olive oil
1 small onion – chopped
1 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups broccoli, chopped in small pieces and cooked (I used frozen)
1 cup corn
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup cheddar cheese – grated
*Preheat oven to 350 -----  Heat butter in sauté pan and cook onions 3-5 minutes or until tender -------   In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together --------   Add the onion, broccoli, corn, rice and cheese  -----------   Grease a 9x9 casserole dish and pour all ingredients in --------  Bake 35-45 minutes
* We used this as our main meal but it could easily be used as a side dish as well.*
**Thought for the day**
Why is it said that an alarm clock is going off when really it’s coming on?  J

No comments:

Post a Comment