Monday, September 12, 2011

We spent the weekend at home – one of the few weekends we’ve been home all summer! But I have to say it was a very productive weekend. Yesterday I baked 4 loaves of wheat bread and Dwight’s comment was, “I’m glad you’re making bread. I’ve miss this kind of bread.” J That’s always good to hear!  Today we canned tomatoes and salsa as well as made a double batch of granola! I made a ‘menu’ for next week’s lunches with the boys so I have a ‘plan’ in place. We’ll see if I can follow it!
Dwight has a ton of work travels in the next couple weeks so that means I’ll be eating alone and I know from past experience, I don’t do well at eating actual meals when I don’t have to cook for him. It’s just so much easier for me to grab whatever I find. SO… that’s my personal goal- to actually eat meals on the days he’s gone. With all the fresh veggies right now, I’m thinking it will be easier for me. Some people might not agree with me but a plate of cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes is a ‘meal’ for me! J And I haven’t had stuffed peppers for a while, so I’ll be making those as well.   
I’m hoping all of you are harvesting wonderful fresh produce from your gardens and are able to can/freeze some for those cold winter months ahead!
*Thought for the day*
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting
and autumn a mosaic of them all."
-   Stanley Horowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment