Sunday, October 16, 2011

I’ve grown up around Lake McConaughy my entire life and yet I’ve never spent time there in the fall. I didn’t know what I’ve been missing-until now. We spent the weekend at our lake house and I was surprised by how stunning the beach was with all the autumn colors! Seriously, I just kept going on and on about how beautiful it was here this time of year. It would be a gorgeous place to have family pictures taken. I’ll add that to my ‘wish list’. J
Jaxon spent the night with us Friday and of course we had to ‘throw rocks’ while he was here. So he and I rode down to the beach in our golf cart and threw rocks and more rocks and more rocks. It got to a point where we’d drive the golf cart up to the rocks, load the rocks on the back and then drive back down to the water and throw them all off. It was great. Jaxon and I had the entire beach to ourselves and the surroundings were perfect. A picture perfect blue sky over gold and yellow leaved trees. Awww…… When I told Jaxon it was such a gorgeous day he said he thought it was ‘Gorg  us’ too. J
After 2 ½ hours of rock throwing (literally), we headed back up to the house where he and Papa rolled around in the leaves of the yard. I kicked myself for not bringing the camera. (again!) I think I may have to just get another camera and leave it at the lake so I don’t miss anymore ‘moments’.
We then started a pot of ham and beans and made some cornbread. I don’t know about you but a bowl of beans with cornbread with honey – Mmmmm…. Now that’s a good way to end a day.

*Thought of the day*
People of character do the right thing, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment