Monday, October 3, 2011

 Today started out like any other Monday morning. I headed into town to get the boys; usually I watch them at their house, but there is a bathroom remodeling project going on right now and two little boys would not be very helpful. J It was a picture perfect autumn morning so we all decided to head out to the lake to throw rocks. Yes, you read that right. Jaxon LOVES to throw rocks in the water! He would literally do it for hours. It was shortly before Braylon usually lays down for a nap and I debated whether to go or just stay home put Braylon down and do laundry. But thankfully I decided to go with ‘the boys’ and once we got to the water I was so glad I did. The weather was just gorgeous and the trees shared some brilliant red and orange colors with us.
Each time I watch Dwight interact with the boys things just make a little more sense – or at least they prove my idea of the male mentality as being so different from my own.  I swear, they are cut from a different cloth. J We saw a couple fishermen on the water and with Dwight’s coaching, Jaxon says, “Hey Buddy, catching any fish?” Soon after they are throwing rocks at the seagulls and they just giggle and giggle when they get close. Braylon fell asleep in the stroller and I envied him napping under the picturesque fall foliage. I wish I had brought my camera with me. Note to self: take camera everywhere!
As Dwight and Jaxon continued to throw rocks, I lay down on the picnic table and watched the cloud formations.  I found a dragon that seemed perfectly drawn in white--complete with raging nostrils. I’m always amazed at the Lord’s artistry. J It was a wonderful morning and I felt so thankful for being able to share it with these special guys. And I was especially glad I hadn’t chosen laundry over spending time with them.
 A little later Jaxon told us he wanted a snack which made us look at the time and we couldn’t believe it was nearly noon! We’d been there for 2 hours! It was the best 2 hours I’ve spent in a long time. J I knew I had my priorities in the right place today.

*Thought for the day*
Fill every moment of this day with the living energy of your authentic, loving passion. And feel it unfolding into the very best day yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment