Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012 !
Inevitably, a new year brings up the idea of New Year’s resolutions which usually include topics like losing weight, quit smoking, save money, or exercise more.  Whether you are one who makes resolutions or not, I hope this upcoming year is exactly what you hope it to be! This year I’ve decided to be more thankful for the things I already have, not those I wish I had. Sounds simply enough but I know that human nature will interfere with that from time to time.
I’ve mellowed with age; that’s the only way I can describe it. When the house is littered with toys and you can barely see the kitchen counter, the tv is blaring out a football game and I can feel a headache coming on, I allow myself to step back and look at the whole picture in a different way. The toys are out because of grandsons that have an active imagination and they need to touch, discover and explore every single thing they see. The kitchen mess shows me that we have our children and grandchildren here with us and we are fortunate to have plenty to feed our appetites. The football games allows our family to share in their inept knowledge of the rules of football and also allows each of us to ‘make the call’ before the replay booth brings down their decision. J Once I realize how much I enjoy the complete chaos of family days, my headache doesn’t seem like such a big deal. When bedtime finally comes and I’m completely exhausted, I take a few seconds to listen to the quiet and I know that the most important people in my life are all under the same roof – and I can’t ask for anything more than that.
Have A Wonderful New Year My Friends
*Thought for the day*
If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. ~Frank A. Clark  

No comments:

Post a Comment