Monday, February 13, 2012

The Plan

Day 1 of the 100 day challenge is in the books! However, even when you have ‘a plan’ it doesn’t always go as planned! This morning I had planned on making french toast for myself and the boys. One problem, no eggs! So… change of plans. I just can’t bring myself to buy eggs at the store (I just keep thinking of the images of how those chickens are cooped up in cages and walking over dead chickens. Ewww…..) We went to get eggs at the guy down the road but he was out so I’ll just have to wait a day or two for french toast. J
Hubby was supposed to fly to Alabama this morning but snow and icy conditions closed the airport so he didn’t go. For supper I had intended on making broccoli soup for myself but decided I’d make stir fry and use up the cabbage and veggies in the fridge. Again… change of plans.
I’m finishing up a triple batch of granola. Granola has officially become the most sought after food at our house lately. Our youngest daughter has informed me that I can make her homemade granola whenever I need a gift idea for her. J
I have beans soaking on the counter for chili tomorrow, which I’ll put in the crock pot first thing in the morning.
It’s been a big day. Good night my friends~
*Thought for the day*
Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment