Saturday, July 28, 2012


Oh how I love summer! Notice I didn’t say how I love summer temperatures. Goodness knows that we’ve all been having outlandishly HOT days! The other day we broke another record with the official temperature at 108!! Seriously, 108 degrees! That broke a record set in 1936. I think it’s kinda cool to be a part of ‘history’ but I’m hoping that was the last day of record setting temperatures I’m involved in. J Today there are a few clouds in the sky!! Yippeeeeee! At least we have a slight chance of rain. Never mind… I just looked at the weather forecast and it said the clouds will be gone by mid afternoon and sunshine will be back in full force. Today’s high 100. Ugh~ Despite the hot days, I am loving the foods associated with the summer months.  
Breakfast consisted a fruit salad (apple, orange, banana). Lunch was cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes (all from our garden!), and the most amazing supper of freshly caught walleye, more cucumbers, onions and tomatoes, and also spaghetti squash (from our garden!). Hubby and I both commented on how wonderful it was and that there wasn’t ONE thing bought from the store and therefore had no preservatives what-so-ever! Loved  - loved -  loved it!
                                                               
*thought for the day*
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment