Monday, January 28, 2013

Brainy Brownies



The most common baking mistake? Not following the recipe!! That’s what I get for trying to rush through a new recipe. I just need to SLOW DOWN!  

 
I baked a batch of Brainy Brownies from The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine, only to realize I had put twice the amount of blueberries and spinach in the mix! As I was cleaning up the counter I ran things back in my mind and realized that only half of the ‘purple puree’ was to go in the brownie mix and the other half was to be frozen for another time. Initially I thought that by adding twice the amount of ‘good stuff’ might make it taste twice as good. I was wrong. Lesson learned. 

Brainy Brownies – Take 2 

It’s amazing how much difference it makes when I actually follow the recipe!!  I’m anxious for the grandsons to try these! That will be the true test!

No comments:

Post a Comment