Tuesday, January 15, 2013


In my younger life, I remember thinking that I would never want to sleep in, I would never want to go out to lunch rather than cook a meal at home, I would never understand those ‘old’ people and the things they did. But things change and although I’ve never been good with change, I’m finding that things are changing in my life and I’m doing ok with most of it.

My changes are in part due to maturity (a fancy word for getting older), part due to building self confidence that I’ve always lacked, part due to life in general and part due to finally deciding that what I believe in is valid, regardless of what others think.

It’s human nature to set the possibility of change outside oneself. IF I wasn’t afraid to fly, I’d go to X. IF I only had a different job, I’d be able to do Y. IF I were in better shape, I could Z. IF this…IF that… On and on it goes. But sometimes changes just happen, they are thrust upon me and I don’t have time to react. Those can be the hardest; after all, those are the ones I’m not in control of. Those can also be the ones I learn the most from. The key may lie in how I adapt to those changes and how I transition to the new environment or circumstances I find myself in. Initially it can feel a little overwhelming and disorienting. I’ve created routines and patterns that make me comfortable and when those routines change everything is thrown out of kilter. I suppose the only way to cope with change is to be willing to take a chance on changing my attitude toward change.  J

**Thought for the day**.

If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?  -  Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment